Have You Found A Wildlife Casualty?
WHAT YOU MUST DO FIRST
- Have the casualty contained in a box, somewhere warm in your home, away from pets and children.
- Secure agreement from a local wildlife rescue that they are able to take the casualty in.
[If you have not done that yet, please CALL US ON 0330 133 3196 (CHECK OUR OPENING HOURS) and we can help you go through your local Rescues/Rehabbers & tell you which we can transport to.]
WHEN THE VOLUNTEER DRIVER ARRIVES
- Meet the Driver outside (never take them into your house). They will have placed a carrier - with a towel inside - on your doorstep. Take the carrier inside and (making sure that the towel is flat) move the casualty gently and quietly out of your box and into the middle of the carrier.
- Then place the carrier back outside your door so the Driver can pick the carrier up.
ONCE THE CASUALTY HAS BEEN COLLECTED
- Text us to let us know.
- If you are able, we strongly encourage you to make a donation to the rescue who are taking the casualty into their care.
- UK Wildlife Transporters operates a small fund to cover the expenses of the Volunteer Drivers. Donations towards this are much appreciated but please do not pass money directly to the Drivers.
These contributions can be made HERE.